Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

NetIron CER 2024 Firmware Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3

Hello All !

We bought 3 CER 2024 2 months ago and I'm pretty new to Brocade so excuse me if this is a dumb question.

2 of our CER routers came with 5.2 pre-installed and I upgraded them to 5.3 and they are currently in production. The other one runs 5.0... It also has a cute plastic bezel... I know there is something special with the memory; starting from 5.2, there's no secondary image...  But the upgrade process to 5.3 requires upgrading the fpga-pbif and in the 5.0 release, there is no such command as a "copy tftp fpga-pbif..." so I do not know how to push the pbifmetro_... file in the CER.

So how do I do the upgrade ?

Regards,

Daniel Ouellet

Telecommunications Xittel inc.

Occasional Contributor

Re: NetIron CER 2024 Firmware Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3

Dan,

I would think you can upgrade your Boot and Application Image.  Once this is done issue a reload-check.  This should check for coherence to make sure the router sees everything it needs to come back online.  If you do not receive any error messages I would reload the router and when it comes online upgrade the pbifmetro.

Brian

New Contributor

Re: NetIron CER 2024 Firmware Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3

Once you upgrade the boot, monitor and application images, you can reload into 5.3 and then push the fpga image and reload again to get it active.

I think its the 5.1 to 5.2 boundary where this is required, but I did the same and it worked without issue.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.