Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

Need a competitive analysis for MLX and ICX 6450 vs their counterparts in Cisco and Alcatel

Hi, is there anyone who has a good competitive analysis for MLXe + ICX6450 vs Cisco 6500E + 2960S and ALcatel OS9702E-RCBA + OS6450-P48-US?.

This project considers a star configuration with MLX as the core and ICX6450 stacks as the access network. Applications are: IP Telephony and data.

Thanks in avance foryour help.

Regards!,

Jesus Reyes

Super Contributor

Re: Need a competitive analysis for MLX and ICX 6450 vs their counterparts in Cisco and Alcatel

Greetings Jesus.  Couple of things here.  Firstly, welcome to the Brocade Community pages.  I've moved your inquiry from the "info & feedback" section which is feedback for the site to "Ethernet Switches & Routers".

Now to you question... So typically, competitive analysis is reserved for our internal folk here at Brocade and sometimes VARs and OEMs (but those requests don't come through public mediums such as this).  So if you meet either of the two criteria such as what I've described, you may engage your Brocade contact directly to see if they can fulfill your request, but we cannot publicly broadcast competitive material.

Now if you wish you, we can take this offline.  You can email me directly at TechMods@brocade.com if you feel there is more to add.

Regards,
Mike Eversole

Brocade Technical Moderator

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Super Contributor

Re: Need a competitive analysis for MLX and ICX 6450 vs their counterparts in Cisco and Alcatel

Hi Jessus,

Like Mike stated competitive analysis from Brocade is not made public on the forums, however people (end users/VAR's and OEM) are I allowed to express their opinions.  I would suggest you contact your local VAR (Value added reseller) for the info as I used to work for a Brocade VAR and we had that info (VAR built up knowledge) or the VAR can bring in a local Brocade SE to also present the info.

As to a general opinion of MLXe with ICX used for VoIP and Data, I think you will find many advantages over the Cisco or Alcatel offering in both price (lower) and performance (higher) with the features that you need.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.