Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

MLXe8 + BR-MLX-10Gx20-X2 routes capacity (FIB)

Hello,

I would to like to know how is the maximum capacity for routes on BR-MLX-10Gx20-X2.

For the datasheet I have the follow information:

IPv4 Routes: 2.4 million

IPv6 Routes: 1.8 million

My doubt is: The capacity is ipv4 + ipv6 OR ipv4 and ipv6 can reach 2.4 million? And the IPv6 uses 2 "spaces" for each route?

Thanks for your help.

Contributor

Re: MLXe8 + BR-MLX-10Gx20-X2 routes capacity (FIB)

hello

I am not 100% sure but the capability seems to be tight up to the mngt module you use , -M or -X , and not necessarily the network card itself . 

Can someone confirm this ? 

thanks 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer...

As I saw at the Datasheet, there is no information on the management module datasheet, just in the interfaces slot

information.

But the main doubt is: the values for max routes is 2.4+1.8 million or they share 2.4 million value?

Tks.

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I attended US EBC in Brocade San Jose HQ two weeks ago and discussed this with the NetIron PM.

If memory serves (I was jet laggued Smiley Wink), I believe TCAM memory is shared between IPv4 and IPv6 entries using the classic partionning method with profiles.

Thus, as a side note, I was also confirmed that Openflow entries did have extra TCAM just that purpose.

HTH.

Occasional Contributor

Hello ybzahr,

It clarified my mind.

Do you know how can I check the TCAM memory information? About the limits for ipv4 and ipv6.

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Command "show default values" on a running box will display how TCAM is configured according to the profile you chose. Then, you tune your values according to the profile AND your needs.

Profiles are detailed in NI configuration guide. Rember that changing a profile or a TCAM system parameter will need a router reboot for it to take effect.

Best regards.

Occasional Contributor

Thans for your help! Smiley Happy

Contributor

you can also check 'show cam-p usage' to see the usage of the cams

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.