Ethernet Switches & Routers

MLXe - VRF support for VE over VPLS

Hello,

We cannot pass traffic or establish a BGP session when configuring a VE with a VRF to a local VPLS instance.  We can how over pass traffic when remove the VRF from the VE and use the default vrf.  We are on the latest version of code. Below is a sample config. 

!

vrf cloud
rd 625:625
address-family ipv4
exit-address-family
exit-vrf

!

interface ethernet 3/4
port-name cloud
enable

!

!

interface ve 41
vrf forwarding cloud
ip address 172.28.250.5/30

!

vpls cloud 301
vlan 41
tagged ethe 3/4 
router-interface ve 41

!

We spent allot of time trouble-shooting this so any input is apprecited. Thank you. 

TAC Mod

Re: MLXe - VRF support for VE over VPLS

Hello @static1

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the Community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement Team. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information regarding your configuration, so we can get you in touch with the correct group. I encourage you to continue to post in the Community and let me know if there is any way I can help.

Once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the Community to help other members.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the image below.

Thank you!

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

tac_engaged.png

Highlighted
TAC Mod

Re: MLXe - VRF support for VE over VPLS

Hello @static1

I wanted to check in with you - TAC has been unable to reach you regarding this open issue within the Brocade Community and has closed the case I opened as a result. I hope you were able to find a resolution. If yes, it would be great if you could post the resolution to help others. If no, please let me know if there's any way we can further assist you with this issue.

Best Regards,

Denise K.
Brocade Community Team
@DeniseK

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.