Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

MLXe CAM warnings for dual-stack BGP router

Hi all, we have a number of MLXe's with MR2-X management and -X line cards.  I'm currently running the multi-service-4 cam profile and have ip-cache and ip-route set to 1048576.

It appears IPv6 adoption has finally gotten us to the point where internet BGP routers are seeing enough v6 routes to create a problem:

Aug 31 11:51:10:A:CAM IPv6 partition warning: total 32768 (reserved 0), free 1602, slot 3, ppcr 1

I'm seeing between 30988 and 31101 advertisements from providers I peer with, so we're very close:

[IPV6] 32768(size), 1589(free), 095.15%(used)

I'm curious if, in later software builds, there is any way to increase the IPv6 CAM allocation independent of changing to the ipv4-ipv6-2 profile?  I have a management VRF defined on the routers, and, at least in year 2014, ipv4-ipv6-2 breaks that since it allocates zero space to IPv4 VPN which a VRF draws from.

Thanks!

Brocade Moderator

Re: MLXe CAM warnings for dual-stack BGP router

Hi,

It should be possible to increase the allocation to the items you specifically want to increase, for instance to increase ipv6-route and ipv6-cache (both should be increased)

MLX(config)# system-max ipv6-route 65535

MLX(config)# system-max ipv6-cache 65535

This will require a reload to change values after completing a wr mem

The configured values can be confirmed by using command show default values

hope this helps

Thanks

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.