Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Loop Detect + Ironview cant generate email.

We have an estate of Netiron MLX cores and FCX edge switches running loop-detect on all edge VLAN's. I have spent a lot of time trying to find a way of getting the ironview server to report when a Loop-Detect occurance is triggered, I can see in the event log that a syslog event occured and that the ports have been put into err-disable state.

What i need to be able to do is to be emailed when this event occurs, however it would appear that loop-detect will only send a syslog message and ironview will only allow me to alert on a syslog event in this case "info". It wont let me generate a filter to only email me when LOOP DETECTION is seen  in the syslog message title.

So is there any way to get this to work? also is BNA a better suite to use nowadays? When we purchased our new network it we purchased BNA licences, so we could upgrade to BNA when the ethernet functionality was improved to be as good as ironviews.

Many Thanks

Luke

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.