Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

LACP over Q-in-Q

Will LACP work on Q-in-Q when both FLS624G switches are connected directly to each other and both run the latest version (0.7.00T7e1) and both have jumbo frame enabled, tag-type set to 9100 on both and have aggregated-vlan enabled? Configuration more or less as below.

Many thanks for feedbacks.

jumbo

tag-type 9100

aggregated-vlan

vlan 100 by port

tagged eth 0/1/1

untagged eth 0/1/5

vlan 101 by port

tagged eth 0/1/1

untagged eth 0/1/6

vlan 102 by port

tagged eth 0/1/1

untagged eth 0/1/7

vlan 103 by port

tagged eth 0/1/1

untagged eth 0/1/8

New Contributor

Re: LACP over Q-in-Q

Alright, for those who may wonder if it works, the answer is yes. I have tested that today in a complete lab and I can confirm that it works like a charm. I have deployed a dynamic LACP link and tested each scenario one by one, including jumbo-frames, disconnecting links in the wild and throttling the bandwidth per port on the service provider side. All worked out perfectly.

Super Contributor

Thank you , that is goos to know.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Hello

For your information...

IEEE 802.1: 802.1AXbk - Link Aggregation Amendment: Protocol Addressing

The purpose of this amendment is to change the constraints on the addresses used by the protocols defined in the 802.1AX standard in order to allow an aggregated link to span Two-Port Media Access Control (MAC) Relays and to span Provider Bridged Networks.

New Contributor

d0tkom: can you say how it works.

I tried forward-lacp and it caused issue within my network. My edge switches are CERs (MCT clients) connected to MLXes MCT.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.