Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Issue with Brocade ICX6430-C12

I have a Brocade ICX6430-C12 switch that is not allowing me to save running-config to startup-config.  After making a change and entering "write memory", I get:

DEQICX6430C12(config-vlan-100)#wri mem

xCAT: flash_fcreat: Failed to create file /fast_iron/startup-config Error - failed to create startup-config. 

DEQICX6430C12(config-vlan-100)#Flash Memory Write (8192 bytes per dot) . Flash to Flash Done.

DEQICX6430C12(config-vlan-100)#

The changes were not saved.  After a reload, the old config is still in place.  In addition, during the switch's boot, I see:

... done, booting the kernel.

Config partition mounted. /etc/init.sh: line 364: can't create /fast_iron/logs/bootmsg: No space le ft on device

*** Crash dump information is available, please collect it using "support save" CLI ***

Starting the FastIron.

platform type 48

OS>Starting Main Task .CPSS DxCh Version: cpss3.4p1 release

Pre Parsing Config Data ...

It seems that something has consumed all the available space on the device.  My problem is that I cannot find any information on how to free up the space or reformat the partitions.

Any ideas?

New Contributor

Re: Issue with Brocade ICX6430-C12

I saw an old post that showed how to enter Monitor mode on an FCX624 by using ctrl-m.  This solution is exactly what I need; however, ctrl-m does not seem to work on the ICX6430-C12.  I tried it at the boot prompt, during boot, and at all three levels of OS prompt to no avail.  Any idea how to enter monitor mode on an ICX?

New Contributor

Re: Issue with Brocade ICX6430-C12

Connected this switch to a TFTP server and offloaded the supportsave files.  This apparently freed up the space and I could now write to startup_config.  One of the core dump files was taking up all of the space on the partition.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.