Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Is any way that I can take back up of my all brocade deivecs auto?

Hi, I have more then 400 brocade devices in network including SX1600, SX800 and FCX 48 ports switches. I am wondering, if any one has any script for taking back-up configuration files. Other wise I need to spend more then two days to go each and every device & take the back up. We are also have INM (Iron View network Manger) but could not find any thing there.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Is any way that I can take back up of my all brocade deivecs auto?

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your participation in Brocade Communities! I'm moving your discussion thread to the Ethernet Switches and Routers community as this community is meant for non-product related questions. That way, you'll also have more people that can help address your question.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Grace Chang

Global Community Manager

Super Contributor

Hi Mohammad,

Yes INM can be configured to take copies and track changes in the config of devices - since you have this, this would be the best option. Though INM has now been replaced with BNA (Brocade Network Advisor).  You could also using scripting via SCP to retrieve the configs.

Thanks

Michael.

Super Contributor

Not sure what version of Ironview you have But this is from the version 3.3 manual.

Scheduling configuration backups

The IronView Network Manager Backup Scheduler in Change Manager polls the Brocade device at regular intervals. For Brocade wired devices, device configurations are copied into IronView Network Manager if changes to the configuration are detected. For Brocade wireless devices, an access point configuration is copied to IronView Network Manager each time a backup is made, whether or not changes were made to the configuration.

You can access the Backup Scheduler if you have the Backup Scheduler privilege in your IronView Network Manager user account or role.

1. Make sure that the IronView Network Manager application is running; otherwise, scheduled tasks will not run.

2. From the IronView Network Manager menu bar, select Change Manager > Backup Scheduler.

3. When the Backup Scheduler panel appears, select the Automatic Configuration Backup task from the table.

4. Click the Edit button on the tool bar to display the Edit Automatic Configuration Backup box.

5. Enter the following information: date time etc.

6. Click OK when you are finished. The new schedule appears in the table of backups.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Mohammad,

you can use the opensourcetool cacti (www.cacti.net). There is a plugin "configstore". Install this an every night - or whenever - cacti save the configs. with history and so on. One command is importand: 'enable telnet authentication'

It´s a very nice solution.

Kind regard

Sven

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.