Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

Indiana Becomes the First State to Launch a 100 GbE Network Specifically for Research and Education

100GbE adoption continues to spread! Indiana has deployed a high speed 100GbE WAN across the state to link Indiana University and other research and education institutions together (see the below snapshot for details, or check out the press release in Brocade's newsroom). What's interesting to me (besides the deployment itself, which is quite impressive. I mean, how else would you describe sharing petabyte-scale data in record time?) is the range of organizations and institutions that are finding value in 100GbE networks. Massive scalability and super fast connection speeds are always appealing, but it looks more and more like the economics, completeness and quality of 100GbE solutions are corresponding with organizations' needs and desires. This is some cutting edge stuff, and I'm excited to see where it heads in the future.

Indiana University Monon100 100 GbE.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Re: Indiana Becomes the First State to Launch a 100 GbE Network Specifically for Research and Education

From the show floor at SC11 (http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/20324.html) to deployed in a real network in a matter of months... great stuff!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.