Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

ICX7750 OSPF Issue

I believe we have the Premium L3 Package because I can enter the command "router ospf" and  I was able to create a few areas.

But when I go to int ve 10 and type "ip ospf area 10.1.1.0"  I receieve the error "Unrecognized command". i've been looking at the pdf for hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  any help is appreciated.

-Larry

Occasional Contributor

Re: ICX7750 OSPF Issue

Technically , all 7750 can do Layer routing, if you have the license or not. Of course , without the license the feature will not be supported in case of issues. :

ICX7750-L3-COE Certificate of Entitlement to use routing and advanced functionality.

Without the Certificate of Entitlement, customers may use base Layer 3 features: VRRP, RIP, and static routes. Other Layer 3 features are considered advanced and require the ICX7750-L3-COE. The Certificate of Entitlement is serialized paper that is not tied to a particular switch; no activation is required.

For the area issue, what version are you running ? i have 7750'S under 8.0.0.10b that have the command working.

Occasional Contributor

I'm runnign version 8020. It appears that OSPF isn't available on VLANs that'll be used for MCT.

Just got this error today:

Error - ve 10 is configured with ospf feature that is not supported on mct member/session vlans

I was hoping to have dual the 7750s be my core router with connections from each one going out to my ICX 6610s. I wanted to use OSPF for routing.

Occasional Contributor

I dont know how well it is supported, but we have a MCT stack of 7750's running OSPF, and we used the following to have the connected interfaces redistributed in OSPF. Of course , that means your OSPF now see's these subnets as External 2, if you can live with that. Also , i really am not sure this is supported. We have a case opened  with Brocade just for this , and are awaiting an answer. 

Config :

router ospf
area 0
auto-cost reference-bandwidth 10000
redistribute connected

Occasional Contributor

nicolas, I just looked that up in the 8020 PDFs and it looks like external 2 is for IPv6 routing. I may be wrong. You have a source where I can read more about this? I'll upload a diagram of what I'm trying to do tomorrow. 

And thanks for all your help Smiley Happy

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.