Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

ICX7250 and Nexus 5K - LAG dropping

I have begun experiencing problems with a 7250 stack that runs back to a Nexus 5672UP core.  I have several other stacks configured exactly the same way with no issues.  This one was running fine until a few days ago.

The second LAG port that runs back to the Nexus started flapping.  On the Nexus side, the link shows up; however on the Brocade side, the light for the SFP+ turns off and shows no activity; log shows the port going up and down.  Pings start timing out and traffic doesn't flow.  If I disable the link on the Nexus side or unplug the fiber from the Brocade module, everything returns to normal.

Current code on the Brocade tsack is 08.0.30fT211

Only thing I can narrow it down to right now is a possible bad SFP+

As I said, this has been working fine until 3 days ago, and runs perfectly fine on several other stacks.

Here is the relevant config:

Brocade:

========

lag ToNX01-NX02 static id 1
ports ethernet 1/2/3 ethernet 5/2/3
primary-port 1/2/3
deploy
sflow forwarding ethernet 1/2/3
sflow forwarding ethernet 5/2/3

interface ethernet 1/2/3
dual-mode 10

Nexus 1:

=======

interface Ethernet1/6
description {-MDF-NX01-eth1/6_po6|IDF7-STK1-10ge1/2/3-}
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 10
channel-group 6 mode active

interface port-channel6
description {-MDF-NX01-eth1/6_po6|IDF7-STK1_10ge1/2/3-}
switchport mode trunk
vpc 6

Nexus 2:

=======

interface Ethernet1/6
description {-MDF-NX02-eth1/6_po6|IDF7-STK1_10ge5/2/3-}
shutdown
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 6 mode active

interface port-channel6
description {-MDF-NX02-eth1/6_po6|IDF7-STK1_10ge5/2/3-}
switchport mode trunk
vpc 6

Brocade Moderator

Re: ICX7250 and Nexus 5K - LAG dropping

Hi,

I would tend to agree with you on the SFP. Have you tried swapping the sfp with a known working one? Does the issue symptom follow the suspected sfp? Have you tried a different port? It could be on either side, so I would try swapping each out one at a time. (ie brocade side swap - test, then cisco side swap test)

Sincerely

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
New Contributor

Re: ICX7250 and Nexus 5K - LAG dropping

I have not yet tested with a known good as I am waiting on a replacement to arrive.

Unfortunately, I hesitate to test the suspect SFP as we are a 24/7 critical access medical facility.

I will try re-enabling the LAG once I have a good replacement for the Brocade SFP.  

Thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.