Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

ICX Upgrade Process - using tftp server

Am guessing today is not my day, the ICX 6610 switch is not co-orporating . Am trying to upgrade its firmware to the latest 8.0 version using the tftp server on my personal computer (tftp64) but I keep getting the error - no such file. Am sure the file is there. I remember having the same issue with the RFS but thank goodness, the RFS has USB slots...unlicky me, the ICX only has TFTP ...

Am using the command

copy tftp flash 10.10.10.10 FCXbla.bin secondary

Error code 17 is returned. What is the issue with these devices and tftp. I guess its important to note that the switches are straight from the box, so firewall consept is out of the question. Also switched off the firewall on the PC.

Help....

Regards,

Faith

Frequent Contributor

Re: ICX Upgrade Process - using tftp server

Faith, Is it error code7/ error code 17? I checked the FI08000a releasenotes and if you see the open Defects section, Defect ID DEFECT000457255 talks about the issue of copying image from tftp to secondary. I will go ahead & research further on this, shall update you on whether there is any workaround at this time

thanks,

Deepti

Occasional Contributor

Deepti,

Thank you. You are correct. It appears to be the bug ID DEFECT000457255.

My workaround -

1) Copied the 7.3 software to the secondary flash

2) Copied v8 from tftp to the primary flash.

Worked like magic!!!

Thank you

Frequent Contributor

Great Faith. Glad to know its up & running now

Cheers,

Deepti

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.