Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ICX 7250 SNMP OID for PoE "Thermal Plane" Sensor 2

Hello,

we are using SNMP to get temperture Values into our Icinga/nagvis. If i do a "show chassis" on my ICX 7250 i get two Sensors:

Sensor 1 = MGMT Thermal Plane = CahassiTemperature  and Sensor 2= POE MGMT PLANE

I loaded the MIB for the Switch and with OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.1.1.18.0 = snChasActualTemperature.0 and OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.1.4.1.1.4.1 = snChasUnitActualTemperature.1  i get the Values for the MGMT Thermal Plane.

in one or two Switches we have issues with the POE Temperature but the OID for this Sensoe can't be found. I looked through the MIB

can any one tell me the OID's or if there aren't any=?

regards 

Brocade Moderator

Re: ICX 7250 SNMP OID for PoE "Thermal Plane" Sensor 2

Hello,

Looking into the IP MIB reference, there are only two OIDs that can be polled regarding temperature for stacking switches; 1 for Sensor Description and the other for Temp Value. As shown below

1) snAgentTemp2SensorDescr

brcdIp.1.1.2.13.3.1.4

Syntax: DisplayString

Read-only

Description of the temperature sensor.

2) snAgentTemp2Value

brcdIp.1.1.2.13.3.1.5

Syntax: Integer

Read-only Temperature of the sensor represented by this row. Each unit is 0.5º

Celsius.

Valid values: 110º - 250º Celsius.

These seem to be only polling Sensor 1 in the "Show Chassis" Command. It Doesn't seem that Sensor 2 can be polled via SNMP.

Hope this helps addressing your concern.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .
New Contributor

Re: ICX 7250 SNMP OID for PoE "Thermal Plane" Sensor 2

Ok

thanks for the info.

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.