Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ICX-6610 to open-daylight controller

Hi Everyone,

Actually I am new to brocade switch. I would like to connect ICX-6610 to opendaylight controller!

The openflow is enabled on the port, and then specify the IP address of the controller, but still the status TCP-connecting. 

The switch can't connect to the controller.

Anyone please can help?

Thank you

--

Regards

WA

Brocade Moderator

Re: ICX-6610 to open-daylight controller

WA,

Have you verified L3 connectivity? Can you ping the open controller from the 6610?

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Brocade Moderator

It is also worth noting that by default you will use SSL to connect to OpenFlow controller when you configure with the command

openflow controller ip-address <ip_address>

To configure to use non SSL connection use:

openflow controller ip-address <ip_address> no-ssl

hope this helps

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bill,

They can't reach eath other!

Actually I am not clear about the steps required to setup the connectivity with OF controller.

So please can you list the basic required steps to connect ICX-6610 to ODL.

Are we required to creat vlans, and how many vlans?

Your response is highly appreciated!

Thank you

--

WA

Occasional Contributor

Hi Mick,

I have already done these two commands you have mentioned. 

The problem I think in the basic configuration behind rather than openflow commands.

For example, I don't whether we need to setup vlans?

Are there any document show the steps of configuring ICX-6610 with opendaylight?

Thank you

-- 

WA

Brocade Moderator

Please check the Brocade downloads manuals section for the version you are running for the following document:

FastIron Ethernet Switch Software Deifined Networking (SDN) Configuration Guide.

This will walk you through setting up the 6610.

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Brocade Moderator

You require IP connectivity between the ICX and the opendaylight controller either by way of the Management interface or a Ve interface configured on the ICX

Verify that the ICX can ping the opendaylight controller in the first instance then work through the manual as suggested

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

Occasional Contributor

Hi Mick,

Thank you!

You mean by ve is through configuring vlans. Is is necessary to configure the controller into a vlan, and the other hosts to other vlan.

If possolbe could you also explain what do you mean by managment interfaces? 

Sorry for these questions becaue this is the first time work on physical switch.

thank you

WA

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

A Ve would be configured as follows:

vlan 10 by port

untagged ethe 1/1/1
 router-interface ve 10

interface ve 10
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

As for management Interface this is dedicated out of band management interface on the device

interface management 1
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0

So then either one of these interfaces must have connectivity to the opendaylight controller

Mikc

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.