Ethernet Switches & Routers

Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

I need to redeploy a Brocade FCX648s out of the stack: questions?

I need to redeploy a FCX648s out of a stack, when I take that switch out of the stack will it have a config on it?

I am moving this switch about 50ft to a different cabinet in my datacenter, is it possible to keep it a member of the stack with any cabling I might be able to purchase?

If not, I will be limited to the trunked 1gig connection back to the stack, correct?

If I am indeed limited to configuring a trunk port back to the switches in the stack, the command for setting up trunking between two interfaces is, "trunk ethernet x/x/x"?

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I am still new to Brocade switches.

Regards,

Steve

New Contributor

Re: I need to redeploy a Brocade FCX648s out of the stack: questions?

The longest stack cable you can get is a 5M which will not get what you need.

As far as unconfiguring it goes, use the "stack unconfigure" command and there are a few ways to do it.

wether or not it comes out without a config depends on how you unconfigure it from the stack, but once it is out of the stack you can always use the "fcx# stack unconfigure clean" (out of my memory) and it should erase any stack config left on the switch.

And yes, you will then need to use the 4 1gbe uplinks above the stacking ports to connect back to your core. Although, i think you can replace the stacking module on the 648s with a fcx-2sfpp module. Do some reasearch and you will find out.

let me know if you have any more questions.

Joe

Brocadian

Re: I need to redeploy a Brocade FCX648s out of the stack: questions?

You can use standard 10GBASE-SR transceiver and MMF cable to stack the switches up to 300M (984 ft.). Do you have 10 Gig modules on your switches?

Thanks

Sharan

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.