Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

I have 16 Brocade FCX648S-HPOE Switches, I cannot access any from Console ports.

I have 16 Brocade FCX648S-HPOE switches that I inherited from a prevous network manager.  I cannot access any of them via console port.  I have not had to till now.  I reset one to factory defaults and need to configure it to add to a stack.  It seems to connect but just get a blank screen.  Using Putty and parameters are correct accourding to Brocade specs.  I have tested the serial cable by connecting to HP and Cisco switches I also have with no problems.

Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks,

Theo

Contributor

Re: I have 16 Brocade FCX648S-HPOE Switches, I cannot access any from Console ports.

You really need the original Brocade supplied serial cable. 

Regards
Jörg Kost
Contributor

Re: I have 16 Brocade FCX648S-HPOE Switches, I cannot access any from Console ports.

That type of Brocade has a straight-trhough DB9 serial style cable.

The other type of console cable that is a rollover with an RJ45 (ehternet cable style) jack on the end of it.

If you have two of hte RJ45 rollover style Brocade cables, you can simply put two of the DB9 adapters together on a straight-thru ethernet cable and it will work fine... OR you can take two (2) of your rollover cables and simply join them with an ethernet coupler. i.e. Rolling a rollover makes it straight-thru and adding the adapter to the end of the RJ45 makes it fit the Serial Port on the FCX swtich.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.