Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

I am trying to stack three ICX 7150 ICX has anyone attempted this or has any documentation for it

I am currently working on aproject and need to stack three switches. I have done this with Ciso equipment before, but I am struggling with this one and cand find no documentation for the 7150 and stacking. Thank you.

Brocade Moderator

Re: I am trying to stack three ICX 7150 ICX has anyone attempted this or has any documentation for it

HI,

The stacking procedures are similar to the 7450 stacking guide. Please download from the ICX 7450 0860 manuals on the My Brocade website. This will get you going.

Sincerly

Bill 

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Occasional Contributor

Re: I am trying to stack three ICX 7150 ICX has anyone attempted this or has any documentation for it

I have tried to go based off of the 7450, 7350, and 7250; it says there are two options to configure it manual or secure stack. I have tried both and through both ways the commands those process use are not recognised through my 7150. I cannot do the stack enable command, the default-ports command, also it says the stacke secure-setup is an unrecognized command also.

Frequent Contributor

I have not, but I just received 77 Ruckus ICX7150-48P-4X1G switches...

I might bring two up to my desk to play around with them once I get out of a meeting.

Anyway, you should be able to do an enable stack, setup hitless-failover, and a secure stack setup...  I have NOT done it on this model, so I will write back in a bit.

Brocade Moderator

Which ports are you trying to use? Which model of the 7150 do you have? The default stacking port for the 24, 24p, 48 and 48p are:

x/3/1 and x/3/3. The default stacking ports for the 48zp are x/2/1 and x/2/3. With the 7150, you dont need to uss "stacking unit <id> default-port" because the default ports are set.

Remember, all units must have the same version and licenses to be operational.

Sincerely

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Frequent Contributor

Aren't these supposed to be stackable via ethernet cables?

Also, there appears to be no "stack secure-setup" or "stack enable."

ICX7150-48P Switch(config)#stack
mac stacking MAC address
unit Configure local parameters for a stack unit

ICX7150-48P Switch(config)#stack enable
Invalid input -> enable
Type ? for a list
ICX7150-48P Switch(config)#stack secure-setup
Invalid input -> secure-setup
Type ? for a list
ICX7150-48P Switch(config)#

The folks on the phone tell me they "might" release a new version of the OS on June 30th that ads stacking.

Occasional Contributor

I have all connected through 1/3/1 and 1/3/3. Also it is a 24p.

Frequent Contributor

Okay... Not working for me either.

Occasional Contributor

I just found out that there won’t be stacking on that unit until version 8.06.1 of the code. 

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

According to the roadmap which I hae seen version 8.0.61 will add the following features and will ship in July 2017

• Stacking support
• Layer 3 capabilities
• OpenFlow
• ISSU (in service software upgrade for a stack of ICX 7150)
• VRRP and VCT

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.