Ethernet Switches & Routers

Brocadian

How many nodes of ICX6430-24 can I have on a MRP ring

Looking to use ICX6430-24 for NID for service provider. Need MRP or 8032 for protection.

Brocade Moderator

Re: How many nodes of ICX6430-24 can I have on a MRP ring

Hi,

According to datasheet https://www.brocade.com/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/datasheet/brocade-icx-6430-6450-ds.pdf the ICX 6430-24 shouldt support Metro Ring Protocol (MRP)

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Brocade Moderator

Re: How many nodes of ICX6430-24 can I have on a MRP ring

Hi,

Sorry missed your scaling question, it will support more than STP (seven nodes).  How many nodes were you intending to have per ring?

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.