Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

How can you reset a Brocade 6910 to factory condition with the CLI locked out

Hello, 

I do not seem to be able to find the documentation on the ability to do a back to baremetal reset on a Brocade BR-6910-EAS-AC switch.

If you have any idea at all on how to get this thing back to factory I would appreciate it.

New Contributor

Re: How can you reset a Brocade 6910 to factory condition with the CLI locked out

Did you ever figure this out?  I am trying to get support from Brocade, but not sure if they have any clue either, this switch must be rebranded or something.

New Contributor

Re: How can you reset a Brocade 6910 to factory condition with the CLI locked out

Nope! I have two hunks of metal I could really use sitting in my office. I try a few things I find on the internet and it never works. 

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

You could try a password recovery as follows:

Connect a cable to the console connection and power cycle the switch

Press Ctrl+U to break into boot

You will get the following prompt:

Product : BR6910

Password :

Type the password as soon as the prompt comes appears: mercury

=>

Type dir at the prompt

Locate the startup config file with File Type: Config

Delete the startup config file

=> del startup1.cfg

Type Y to confirm deletion of file

Then type reset to reload the switch with default configuration

=> reset

Hope this helps

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.