Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Foundry IP SLA

Is there a similar feature to Cisco's IP SLA on the foundry/brocade routers/switches?

Super Contributor

Re: Foundry IP SLA

Hi Erick,

I do not know of an exact look alike as it were.  Looking at what IP SLA can doI think the closest would be Ironview Network Manager with sFlow and QoS on the switches and routers.

This would give you the perforamce dataand reporting side.  I do not see any way to do the Cisco automatic deployment side though.  Mind you running IP SLA on switches must eat resources too but I have never lpayed with it.  sFlow will also eat resources.

e.g. I have 360 port SX 1600 with sFlow enabled on all ports and can see that this eat about 18% of CPU resources

Just my thoughts.

New Contributor

Mike, any idea if Brocade has been able to copy this feature yet?

I could really use this functionality right now from my MLX and SX to a set of Firewalls that have been yet to support OSPF.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Copy of Cisco IP SLA, not that I know of.

For the reporting side you can use sFlow and Brocade Network Advisor (can download a free eval version off Brocade site).

Not sure if that is all you are after?  What do you need to do?

Thanks

Michael.

New Contributor

Looking to be able to insert Def route into table based off a connectivity test.

Cisco IP SLA can insert a default route into forwarding table if the primary destination replies back, in the event that it doesn't reply back, there is another config line that insert a default route to another location automatically. (provided that second destination is reachable)

Can Brocade do that? Maybe its just called something else?

Occasional Contributor

hi mmonte_webreg,

that's not possible in a Brocade switch/router.

Not sure if it will come, you'll have to ask your SE.

-Ronald

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.