Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor
tstumbo

FWS 624G Setup for SAN

I'm new to these switches and was wondering if I could get a little help. First, do these switches have web interfaces for management? I was trying to setup the management IP on the switch but when I try to get into the configuration by typing the "configure" command I'm getting a error incomplete command.

I received these 2 switches to be setup with a EMC VNXe3150 SAN and (3) Dell ESXi Host. Can someone give me a basic overview of how this needs to be setup? All I'm looking for is a very basic config to get this running.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor
dvenkat

Re: FWS 624G Setup for SAN

Hi, Yes you can configure ip address using the serial connection via CLI and the steps are given in the FWS install guide which you can download from mybrocade; the most recent manual is the FastIron 7.4 version.

Go to mybrocade and login using your credentials-> documentation->FastIron WS->07400->Manuals-> Select FastIron 07400 Install guide. From page 29, it walks you through Config setup in the switch...Once the ip address is setup, you can use the Web gui....

OR

Here is the link to the install guide on mybrocade..

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FIWS_07400_IG/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html...

Occasional Contributor
tstumbo

Dvenkata, I actually found the guide and got the basics setup on the switches. Thanks

Any recommendations on how I should configure these switches for a iSCSI network?

Contributor
smahadev

This guide is for iSCSI config using FCX, but there should not be any difference in configuring your FWS switches.

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/configuartion_guides/BrocadeFCX_iSCSI_SAN_ConfigGuide_GA-...

Frequent Contributor
dvenkat

I just happened to check with PM on this...If it’s not in the above document. It has not been tested or supported.

thanks,
Deepti

Occasional Contributor
tstumbo

There is stuff in that guide that definitely doesn't apply to the FWS series. For one, the FWS doesn't have a out-of-band management port that I can tell. I don't know why CDW would sell me these switches with the SAN when there is no documentation out there on setting them up. Frustrating.

Frequent Contributor
dvenkat

Yes,understand your concern tstumbo.  the guide doesnt apply to the FWS series switches, which I believe is because we do not support it. When I happened to check on this with Product management, according to them  FWS in iSCSI is either not tested/ supported.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.