Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Does anyone have any experience configuring tacacs.net on Brocade switches/routers?

Does anyone have any experience configuring tacacs.net on Brocade switches/routers?

I am able to successfully authenticate a user against the server but the user has no access to configuration mode.

Even if I completely remove the auth file the user is still authenticated, just no config priveleges.

Something in the auth file needs to be configured to give the user privelege level 0 on login.

I just havent figured out what yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

I have attached a default auth file for anyone who cares to have a look.

Current test device is fcx648

Brocade Moderator

Re: Does anyone have any experience configuring tacacs.net on Brocade switches/routers?

Hi,

According to the notes I made when I did this sometime ago it should be configured as follows:

Under the <authorization> for the user group or user you wish to add the following to the <AutoExec> section:

<AutoExec>
 <Set>priv-lvl=15</Set>
</AutoExec>

Hope this helps, if this still does not work past extract of your Tacacs.net configuration in reply

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.