Ethernet Switches & Routers

prk
New Contributor

Deploying LAG broke the connection

ICX6430 switch stack connected via a single port 1/1/48 to a Fortigate 90D. All VLAN routing is done at the Fortigate since the 6430 doesn't support Router mode.

I added 1/1/47 to all the same VLANs and created a new lag - 'lag Firewall_Uplink dynamic id 3', then added the two ports, set 1/1/48 as primary and deployed. I immediately lost all communication until I undeployed it.

What I'm baffled about is that port 1/1/47 wasn't connected to anything as I was going to connect it after creating the LAG on both sides. What did I do wrong? Should it have been static?

Contributor

Re: Deploying LAG broke the connection

I do not know anything about Fortigate, but you would need to use LACP on both ends and deploy the LAG on both switches.

prk
New Contributor

That was my plan, but I had to abort immediately after deploying the Brocade LAG since I lost all communication with it. The second connection on the Brocade was not connected to anything, so it should've shown as down and not caused any problems.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

As soon as you deployed the LAG the 6430 expected to speak LACP on both ports in the LAG, if the other side isn't setup with LACP it will fail.

You need a maintenance window and will need to configure both ends.

From some quick research the firewall you are using does not support LACP, so you are probably just out of luck.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.