Ethernet Switches & Routers

jdb
Occasional Contributor

Corrupted Firmware Image on FSX (FastIron SuperX)

Hi,

I've got a crude situation. I'm leading a university network in the far east for around 10.000 users.

A couple of months ago the firmware image of one of our sponsored FSX systems corrupted.

Unfortunately, without that system I won't be able to operate one of our racks and nor to train our on the job students.

Since the systems have been given to us by a company in the U.S. there's no chance on support.

I've been already asking the Brocade office in Malaysia for help but ain't got any response so far.

I hate thinking about the idea of having to trash the box facing the fact that we're low on budget 24/7/365...

It's against policy, I know but maybe someone (ops?) can help me out with a recent layer 3 base image (05.00.0f)?

Thanks in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Corrupted Firmware Image on FSX (FastIron SuperX)

Hi  jdb,

Have you looked at the secondary flash?  If you console in and press B during boot up (will need somebody else to pull the power cords and reinsert)  you should be able to make the system boot from the other flash image.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.