11-14-2012 11:30 AM
We are experiencing a problem with our Brocade switch. The CP giving critical errors that are showing in the error log:
Critical S5,C1: Internal monitoring of faults has identified suspect hardware, blade may need to be reset or replaced: fault1:0x128f, faul Chassis 193 1 CDR-1010 CME2
Warning S5,C1: Internal link errors have been reported, no hardware faults identified, continuing to monitor for errors: flt1:0xd610, flt Chassis 561 1 CDR-1007 CME2
We have replaced the blade twice, and its still showing the same errors in the log. We are investigating other solutions. Do you think replacing the chassis/backplane would resolve the issue? The firmware is rev: 6.4.3. Any resolution to the errors etc would be a great help.
11-14-2012 11:54 AM
please post you question in the future in correct Forum, i.e. here for such question.
About you problem, try follow:
1)Upgrade the FOS to v6.4.3c, similarly Defect have be detected in 6.4.3 and closed in newest release.
2) Power cycle the Blade "slotpoweroff" / "slotpoweron" command, if the problem persist you should open a call and replace the blade.
11-14-2012 12:02 PM
btw.... i note you wrote:
--->>>We have replaced the blade twice, and its still showing the same errors in the log.
as mentioned, is most probable due a DEFECT, with FOS Upgrade the problem is solved.
So please ignore my preview message:
--->>>...if the problem persist you should open a call and replace the blade.
11-15-2012 12:17 AM
--->>>...bottleneckmon has an option to reset asic internal/backplane ports.
this is right however CP not handle Port On-Board.
if the error is related due internal/backplane port then is most probable a Port Blade Defective and not the CP, because:
--->>>We have replaced the blade twice,...
and at this point not make sense to continued to investigate the error on CP side
11-15-2012 12:27 AM
backend ports usually connect two different blades, therefore with this kind of error both ends might be guilty. if the same blade was replaced twice without success, then it might be wise to replace the blade on the other end of the same backend link. we've got a case like that...