Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Brocade ICX 7250-24: Issue syncing secondary image to flash

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this. 

We have configured a good number of switches and the past two started displaying an unfimilar message. We are able to successfully flash the primary firmware successfully. Though, when it comes to flashing the secondary image, we get, "skipping block la skipping block lb.

Any information on this will be helpful. Im not sure if I should RMA the switch again or will the switch be production ready?

I have attached a screenshot. 

Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade ICX 7250-24: Issue syncing secondary image to flash

Hello,

I haven't come across these messages before. However, the seem to be harmless. I Suggest raising a case with Brocade TAC to find out more why only 2 switches show these messages.

Meanwhile, you can check the sanity of the image with the verify command. This should tell you if the image is good or corrupted based on the md5 hashing

The command is:

ICX-7250#verify md5 secondary

based on the MD5 file on my.brocade.com, you should get the value below; giving that the image is not corrupted

2d10a84454a17196ff75e79671b56fca  ./ICX7250/Images/SPR08030k.bin

Hope this helps

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .
New Contributor

the mysterious message appears again. still only on secondary the secondary flash. The md5 hash does match the hash that is in the md5checksum.txt

ICX7250-24 Router#verify md5 secondary
ICX7250-24 Router#.........................skipping block 1a
skipping block 1b
.....Done
Size = 31711428, MD5 2d10a84454a17196ff75e79671b56fca

ICX7250-24 Router#verify md5 primary
ICX7250-24 Router#..............................Done
Size = 31711428, MD5 2d10a84454a17196ff75e79671b56fca

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

I looked further into this message. Skipping a block on the flash means it is a bad block. It is normal to have bad blocks on a NAND flash. So this is more of an INFO message.

The code checks ok as per the verify command. Therefore,as far as the switch is concerned, everything is normal and it is working as designed.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.