Ethernet Switches & Routers

Brocade 7450 Mini-B plug driver

Hi Commmunity!

I have a Brocade ICX 7450 switch, it has a serial console port with mini USB cable (USB to Mini-B plug). I'm trying to connect to the switch but I'm looking that the cable is not recongnized in my laptop. Does I need to install a drive to recongnize this cable?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Best rgards.

Alejandro.

Re: Brocade 7450 Mini-B plug driver

Hi Alejandro,

This is the exact same problem I am facing now. The mini usb to RJ-45 cable is simply not being picked up on my laptop. It is not a question of it coming up as an unrecognized device, it simply doesnt show up. Hopefully someone will respond. Do let me know how it goes.Tks.

Re: Brocade 7450 Mini-B plug driver

Hi Alejandro,

I also have a Brocade ICX 7450 switch, and I had encountered same situation you mentioned.
I was able to solve it with "USB-serial" cable. to be honest, I am still struggling to configure this switch.
You might already solve your situation, but I will write down the solution for my record.

Here is the connection layout...

ICX 7450 miniUSB port  ---  cable(miniUSB to RJ-45)  --- RJ-45 to female D-9  --- male D-9 (serial) to USB  --- your laptop.

I think you have to buy "serial to USB cable". It's not so expensive actually.

After that, you can see the serial port as "COM*" on the device manager window.

Then, you will be able to log in through "Putty" or some tool.

Best of luck.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.