Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
mhushen

Both primary and secondary flash were erased

An intern was playing with a switch, a FastIron FCX-624, and when trying to clear the config, accidentally deleted the Primary and Secondary flash.

If I console to the switch, I get a console that says "Monitor>" with a limited command set. Thus far, I have been unable to find a way to get re-install the flash. I do have a copy of the flash, but I can't communicate with the switch. The limited option I have does have an IP option, but even when i configure those settings, the switch can not communicate with anything. Any suggestions?

New Contributor
tmnewton

Re: Both primary and secondary flash were erased

You should be able to load flash via TFTP.  I don't have the commands right in front of me, but the easiest thing is to load solarwinds tftp server on a workstation that's in the same subnet as the switch.  Assign an ip and tell the switch to boot from TFTP.  Once you do that, then you should be able to get the switch online and copy the code into the flash.  I'm not sure if your at the right prompt at "Monitor>", there should be a point on boot that you press 'b' to get to the boot monitor. 

Super Contributor
mschipp

Side note the copper ports must be used here, not the Fibre ports.

New Contributor
lsamaniego

Hello,

I ran into the same situation....All I see is Monitor>. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Is it fixable? Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.