Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

BGP one Router two ISP's and network advertise problem

Hi,

We have 2 ICX 7750 Switches and we use them form stack. We configure BGP this switch and we have two ISPs. I want to ISP2 will be master but it is slave. I userbgp attribute as-path for path selection. ISP1 router-id is less than ISP2s. How can I do that ? What attribute can I use or command?

Best Regards.

Brocade Moderator

Re: BGP one Router two ISP's and network advertise problem

Hi Mesut,

The AS-Path attribute is used to influence incoming traffic and not outgoing.

If both ISPs are terminated on the same Stack, Then you may use the WEIGHT attribute to force the Stack to use ISP2.

neighbor ip-addr  weight num

weight num specifies a weight that the device applies to routes received from the neighbor. You can specify a number from 0 through 65535.

Hope this helps addressing your concern.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.