Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Automatic Backup running-config

Hi all,

Is possible, using a script or any free software, to backup automatic all the running config in 10 ICX6430 switches? I try with Cacti but and cant configure the ConfigStore very well.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Brocade Moderator

Re: Automatic Backup running-config

Hi,

Rancid is a great open source tool for backing up configuration, it can also be set to monitor for changes in configuration

http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/

Hope this helps

Regards

Mick 

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

MIck.Day, thanks for help.

i install Rancid with this tutorial: http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/RhysEvans_overview_0.3.pdf

i have a problem because i dont find running backup

when try : "bin/clogin" , i see this:

[rancid@lipamn01vpr rancid-3.5.1]$ bin/clogin 172.20.2.105
spawn telnet 172.20.2.105
Trying 172.20.2.105...
Connected to switch_acceso_e.cabal.coop (172.20.2.105).
Escape character is '^]'.
telnet@ICX6430-48 Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
telnet@ICX6430-48 Switch#

i think this is because login ok

the manual say:

20) It should also have created the file 192.168.1.1 under /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs this would contain the config of your device

But when find this file in this folder just i saw : CVS and inside dont have any with any config

[rancid@lipamn01vpr rancid-3.5.1]$ cd /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs/
[rancid@lipamn01vpr configs]$ ls
CVS
[rancid@lipamn01vpr configs]$ cd CVS/
[rancid@lipamn01vpr CVS]$ ls
Entries  Repository  Root

In my router.db put:

172.20.2.105:brocade:up

Have any idea?

Sorry for my english!

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

Its been a while since I have set this up myself but if I remember rightly when you add a device to router.db in your instance

172.20.2.105:brocade:up

The middle parameter defines a device type in the file /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base and as far as I am aware the type brocade is not defined, may be worth trying foundry as type

I am no expert and beyond this it may well be worth while raising questions on rancid forum

regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Contributor

The Brocade switch is telling you that you haven't set an enable superuser password yet.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.