07-28-2014 02:18 PM
I have an issue when I stack 2 6450-48P-A switches. I run the "stack enable" command and then run the "stack secure" command and get a "no other devices were discovered" error. I have swapped out both stacking cables to no avail. I had this issue on another stack and ended up having to get the switch RMA'ed. I would rather not do that again. Both switches seem to work fine independently.
07-28-2014 06:57 PM
From the config guide,
If secure-setup does not detect all the units that should be detected, perform the following checks:
• Make sure that all the cables are properly connected
• Make sure that all the relevant ports are in UP state
• Make sure that all the units are running the same image
• Make sure that you issue the stack enable command only on the unit that will serve as the Active Controller
• Make sure that stack disable is not configured on any prospective members
07-29-2014 07:31 AM
Got it working. Not sure what fixed it but updated image for both and after a reboot of both, the stack was recognized. Evidently these had different images out of the box. Thanks for the assist.