Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

firmware download failures on VDX6740

Hi,  I am trying to download firmware on a VDX6740 from a redhat server. I can do ssh from the switch to the server as the user without any problems, however, when I try to run firmware download, it keeps failing. I am using scp for download. It seems to be having problems taking my passwd because I am seeing failed login attempts and my account keeps getting locked on the server. Here is what I see on the console when I run the firmware download.

Failed to access scp://twxxxxx:*********@10.xx.**filtered**.xx//home/twxxxx/nos5.0.0

Here is what I am doing to download firmware.

hostname# firmware download interactive
Server name or IP address: 10.xx.**filtered**.xx
File name: :/home/twxxxx/nos5.0.0
Protocol (ftp, scp, sftp): scp
User: twxxxxx
Password: **********
Reboot system after download? [y/n]:y
Do Auto-Commit after Reboot? [y/n]:y
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here.

Thanks

Moeen

Contributor

Re: firmware download failures on VDX6740

If anyone else runs into this issue, it worked with t simple passwd like abc123. It didn't work with more complex passwords. It will also not work with a passwd that has an @ in it.

Occasional Contributor

Re: firmware download failures on VDX6740

My issue was that I didn't have a default route on the rbridge so something like:

conf

int m 1/0

rb 1

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 [staticipaddressofmgmtport]

Once I did that I was able to connect to my FTP server.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.