Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

Zoning Guide for iSCSI on FCX

i can't seem to find any zoning guide for iSCSI on FCX-624 or any iSCSI enabled switches. Can you please redirect me to the right place of the documentation if there's any? thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Zoning Guide for iSCSI on FCX

what's the equivalent of zonecreate in iSCSI to create zones? we are looking for iSCSI zoning guide. thank you.

External Moderator

Hi Daniel,

I've see you other post, but unfortunately I don't have any such Guide. Sorry.

would suggest to give brocade a call and ask if any such is available

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. I have tried support and they have sent me the wrong documentation. They sent me configuring iSCSI on FCX. That's not what we need. I am pretty sure there's zoning guide out there for iSCSI. I am more of a Cisco FC guy and have limited Brocade experience (DCX but fiber not iSCSI). Commands are similar to IOS/NXOS but i can't figure out zoning. I'll reach out again to support.

External Moderator

just send you a message via linkedin.

please forward me this DOC, I'll give a look, however i can answer on the weekend,

Tomorrow I'm going to business trip to Germany and Netherlands.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

will do. the doc title is Brocadefcx_iSCSI SAN Config Guide. It is not a zoning guide. It is configuring iSCSI on Brocade FCX. Thanks.

External Moderator

I don't know this guide, I'll try to find in download section if a such is available.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

i sent a copy to your email address.

External Moderator

I've received the email thank you.

as per my opinion, - i want to say explicitly with caution and avoid misunderstanding - this Platform don't have such a features as per you request

->what's the equivalent of zonecreate in iSCSI to create zones?

I think to create such "zoning" you must have Layer 3, then create different VLAN's, and this VLAN can maintained different target/initiator group/IP in a iSCSI Storage Area Network

furthermore I cannot find additional Information that this platform can formed or maintain "Zone"

Again is my stupid opinion !!!

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I respect your opinion and i don't consider it stupid . In fairness, I am hoping that somebody from support will give me what I am looking for. I mean on iSCSI platform, there should be a procedure on how to give access to host initiators to their storage targets.  There's got to be a documentation out there but you have to find it. I need to continue searching. The hunt continues !
So from a zoning perspective, my guess is you have to use VLAN to assign ports then from there, you can hopefully start the next step to zone those iSCSI logins so they will start showing up on the array as iSCSI initiators/hosts then you can start creating storage groups and present iSCSI luns. That's my 2 cents.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.