Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Contributor
eric.wilkins

VDX6720 - Copy Start Config to FTP Not Working...

Hello All,

I have 2 VDX switches I'M connecting to over network. I can run the following command below and upload the supportsave to my FTP server just fine.

switch# copy support-interactive

When I try to run the command below, I get an error telling me it can't trnasfer file to FTP server. I'm using filezilla as my server application.

copy startup-config ftp://usernamei:smileytongue:assword@10.x.x.x//FTP/startup-config_6720A

Error while transfering file over ftp.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error only when trying to offload the config from the switch? As I mentioned, the logs themselves get to the FTP server just fine.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Re: VDX6720 - Copy Start Config to FTP Not Working...

Greetings eric.wilkins,

The best advice I could give you (after doublechecking everything), if you feel this is an error with NOS/VDX, contact Brocade support/TAC to create a case and have it looked into.  Unfortunately, public forums are not well suited for troubleshooting so its better to leave it to those who's sole purpose is just that.  I'm planning on looking this over and if i do come across anything obvious, I'll come back and post a reply, but in the mean time, i'd get a ticket open for this isssue. 

Contributor
eric.wilkins

Thanks for the response, I got this working. Instead of using "FTP" for the location, I just left that blank, so the command then looked like the following:

copy startup-config ftp://usernamei:smileytongue:assword@10.x.x.x///startup-config_6720A

Once I did that, the file uploaded just fine to my FTP server.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Nice one eric!

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

BTW, thanks for sharing what the 'fix' was.  Always nice to know for the next person.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.