Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Brocadian

VDX (NOS 4.x or 5.x) DHCP Option support for PXE boot

[ Edited ]

Hi All, I am trying to find out if NOS(4.x) or (5.x) supports PXE boot, one of my customer migrated from RX to VDX and PXE boot is broken. As per documentation I am able to find DHCP relay option but the requirement is to have custom UDP forwarding for DHCP options packet to support PXE deployment. The requirement is to have UDP ports 67, 69, 1758, 1759, 4011 and 9831. Can some one throw light if this is supported, if supported how do I achieve the requirement. Let me know if any further information is required from my end. Many thanks. -Vinod

Contributor

Re: VDX (NOS 4.x or 5.x) DHCP Option support for PXE boot

Hi!

as DHCP Support is "new" in VDX 4.x i don't think so. An IP forwaring command is not present and under the VE interface is only the relay address configurable. So i think this is a feature for the future ... 

We use 4.x NOS so maybe 674x machines with 5.x get it one day...

Regards

Brocadian

Re: VDX (NOS 4.x or 5.x) DHCP Option support for PXE boot

Hi Dennis, Thanks for your help, my customer is using VDX 8770-4 NOS :4.1.2ac or 4.1.3a. I also tested with 5.0.1a and could not find the equivalent command for ip forwarding feature. Is there a official statement that this feature is not supported and planned for future road map ? Thanks again. Regards, Vinod

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.