Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

Trunk mode

I have 4 CB 500 chassis. Each Cb 500 has 2 switches. And connections 1-8 are physical ports. 9-24 are connecting blades 0-7.

I have configured the ports from 9-24 in switchport trunk mode but they are not passing the traffic. As soon as i am changing them to access mode they are passing the traffic. I am allowing all the vlans in trunk mode.

The switches are in vcs. 

Is there anything specific in configuration that i need to change?

Please help me with this.

Thank you

Brocade Moderator

Re: Trunk mode

Hi,

It sounds like if traffic is being passed once you configure ports on VDX to access that the chassis / VMs are not properly configured to tag traffic they must be sending frames untagged if they are passed in access mode

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.