Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

MIBs for Brocade VDX unreadable

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the MIBs which are provided on the Brocade support site. I use SNMP polling on all network devices and the MIBs help me configure the software. I use several mibs for Brocade MLX/ICX/FLS/FWS and even RFS which are downloaded from the brocade website. All of these work perfect, but when I load the MIB for Brocade NOS into my software, I get loads of parsing errors around DEFINITION. I have these parsing errors in multiple software packages, like iReasoning MIB browser and SnmpB. When I open the mib file with Notepad++ I see loads of NUL characters. I understand that the MIB file is a collection of several MIBs and it seems that at every seperation of these mibs, there are loads of NUL characters. Does anyone else see this issue in the MIB files of the VDX ? and did anyone have a workaround for this ?

Kind regards,

Tom

New Contributor

Re: MIBs for Brocade VDX unreadable

Problem solved. Because the file from brocade had the extension .gz i didn't expect a .tar file inside. This explains the strange null characters.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.