Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Interface port-channel 2 is link down

On Brocade VDX 6740  I got an error "Interface port-channel 2 is link down"  as one of the interfaces in the port-channel went down. Does the error mean that port-channel as a whole is down or just one of the link/interface is down?

If it means port-channel is down, why would a port-channel go down if only one of link is down when other links/interfaces are still up?

Thanks,

Brocade Moderator

Re: Interface port-channel 2 is link down

Hi,

If you have two or more VDX switches forming a port channel this then becomes a vLAG

If you are looking at the log of an individual VDX switch when an interface goes down which is a member of a vLAG and this is the only member interafce on that switch then you will see message to say that the physical interface and the port-channel interface are down.  This only means that the local interface and member of the port channel is down.  This does not mean that the whole port-channel (vLAG) is down

If you look at the log of the other switch you should also see a message something like the following:

RBridge ID xx has left Port-channel xx. Port-channel has only RBridge ID xx and is no longer a vLAG.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.