Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

First Fabric: Why is my VCS GUID all 0?

Hello,

I am struggling to build my first fabric, I have set up two switches with same VCS and different rbridge ID numbers.  One switch is a little configed (VCS,management IP, vcs IP, hostname) and the other not at all besides the VCS.  They still won't form and I was wondering if the VCS GUID was an issue.

This is from the second one:

sw0# show vcs
Config Mode    : Distributed
VCS Mode       : Logical Chassis
VCS ID         : 190
VCS GUID       : 00000000000000000000000000000000
Total Number of Nodes           : 1
Rbridge-Id       WWN                            Management IP   VCS Status       Fabric Status        HostName
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2               >10:00:50:EB:1A:F3:85:68*       0.0.0.0         Online           Online               sw0

I am running NOS 5.0.1 per company policy, I dug through the admin guide and the CEF free course that was online and still am completely lost.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: First Fabric: Why is my VCS GUID all 0?

Okay the GUID at all 0 seems to be normal according to the basic config video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJpspQ4oeTA 

I am thinking one of my switches has a hardware issue as I get a failed to mount /mnt partition error everytime it boots up and when I do a show ver I only get sw1 and not sw0 unlike the nother where I get both.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: First Fabric: Why is my VCS GUID all 0?

Issue with Fabric not forming was that dpods for connection between fabric switches was not reserved.  Reserving those dpods made the fabric connect and it was up and running in no time.

So I went into the dpod for 1/0/48+2/0/48 and did the reserve command, BOOM fabric formed.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.