Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

ESC mismatch, Distributed Config DB

One switch says:  23 Te 12/0/24 Up ISL segmented,(ESC mismatch, Distributed Config DB)(Trunk Primary)

The other switch says:  23 Te 54/0/24 Up ISL segmented,(ESC mismatch, Distributed Config DB)(Trunk Primary)

I saw that means, "The DCM Configuration DB is different on both the ends of ISL," but I have no idea how to resolve that.

VDX-6720s running 4.1.3b.

Occasional Contributor

Re: ESC mismatch, Distributed Config DB

*bump*

External Moderator

@MHammett

I'm no experienced with NOS and VDX Platforms.

here is another threads, with similar issue

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/XISL-configuration-appear-the-following-error-quot-FC-E-Port/td-p/26848

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I appreciate the attempt, but they don't appear to be related at all.

Frequent Contributor

Hey @MHammett,

Welcome to the community!

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to gather some more information regarding your configuration so we can get you in touch with the correct group . I encourage you to continue to post in the community and let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged program by clicking on the image below.

TAC Engaged.png

Dennis Smith
Manager Brocade Communities
@DennisMSmith
Frequent Contributor

Hello MHammett,

The ESC is an acronym standing for "Exchange Switch Capabilities" and occurs when an ISL (Connection between two VDX switches) comes online. Both switches require to have the same settings when it comes to fabric communications. especially timers, flow-control, and a number of other tick-boxes. If only one of them is different the switches will segment and not form a fabric.

Check with your vendor and provide them with the "copy support" out of both switches so they can determine what the difference is and how to correct it.

It's almost impossible to find out via this forum as there are so many variables in play here.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.