Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

ELD is can be use on logical chassis mode

My company setup a logical chassis cluster, but i want avoid any servers or switch direct connect to this cluster have loop happen.

But when i read then document found ELD on VCS Fabric clusters.

Who have  examples  can let me reference how to use ELD on Logical chassis mode on port-channel

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Re: ELD is can be use on logical chassis mode

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Edge Loop Detection (ELD) can be enabled on port-channels on a per VLAN basis, it should be enabled under the port-channel configuration as follows:

interface Port-channel 100
 vlag ignore-split
 switchport
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10,20,30-35
 switchport trunk tag native-vlan
 edge-loop-detection vlan 10,20,30-35
 spanning-tree shutdown
 no shutdown

It is also important to note that ELD has a maximum number of instances allowed per fabric, this can vary depending on version of NOS being used, in NOS 6 (limit is 2000) you should check release notes for your version to confirm.

An instance is defined as vlan/interface combination so in the example above this would utilise 8 instances

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

In fact i want to know if some port-channel has two many member then when ELD happen then in this port-channel which port will be disable.

In port-channel the edge-loop-detection port-pri have any meaning ?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

When a loop is detected by ELD the port with the highest priority would be the port that should be shut down.

Priority range is 1-255, default is 128

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Edge- command only can apply switch port interface, so port-channel member can't use edge command then how can I setup 

port-channel member edge-loop priority command ........

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

You are correct in this instance the port-channel configuration is part of the global configuration so any change to port-priority under port-channel would apply to all Rbridge.

I believe that the default behaviour is that, in the event that a loop being detected by ELD the non active primary of the port-channel would be the port that would go into blocking state.

Regards

Mick

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.