Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

EFCM 9.7.4 and Brocade 7500 router

I have been searching for some information on configurating the 7500 router within EFCM. While my EFCM discovers the device it seems to be missing abilities on configurating the router.

The 7500 is connected to my DCX switch, FOS code on the 7500 is 6.1.0h and FOS code on the DCX is currently at 6.1.0f. I attempted to download v6.1.0f so i could match my DCX level, however that code level is not listed on the Brocade download site (i have no clue why).

So, EFCM sees and I am able to access the router, but even after enabling the FCP, I do not get access to configure the FCIP within EFCM. I still can only complete this via CLI on the router. My thoughs are that maybe the level of FOS code is not compatable with EFCM. Our plans are to upgrade to DFCM, but not until Q4 of 2010.

I am also in search on some docs on the 7500 configuration. I have found very few on its configuration. Mostly I want a sanity check that i am doing this right.

The Setup is as follows:

2 x 7500 routers at each site.

I am using 4 ports on each router, 2 ports on each router are connected to Fabric A, and the other two are connected to Fabric B. Now, one of my questions is based on the ports on the 7500. Can I use ports 0-4 for my EX_ports? or should i be using other ports? Does it matter? I have noted in the gui that ports 0 and 1, look different then the rest, and from what i can tell, should only be used as E ports and not EX ports.

Next, since i have 4 x 4 port blades on my DCXs, should i increase the number of connections back to the 7500 router to 4 x per fabric? It would just make it easier to elimate all backend traffic at the CP level if i did, but I can add them in down the road if needed.

Thanks

Joe

External Moderator

Re: EFCM 9.7.4 and Brocade 7500 router

Joe,

i have see you Threads, and I'll try to understand their problem.

--->>> My thoughs are that maybe the level of FOS code is not compatable with EFCM.

FOS 6.1.x is Full Compatible and supported with EFCM 9.7.4

--->>> I still can only complete this via CLI on the router......

Question: Is this a mixed Fabric ? M-EOS, FOS ?

--->>> Can I use ports 0-4 for my EX_ports?

Yes, I see no reason why they should not use or can.

--->>> Next, since i have 4 x 4 port blades on my DCXs,...

what you mean with "4x4" ?

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.