Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor
faisal.bargoob

Brocade VDX 6720-24 NOS 2.0.1a

Hi All,

Basically, I am facing some issue's with link connected to VDX's and could not figure it out whether this is a problem with VDX or Server NIC (which is also have Brocade NIC's) and it is happening all the physical connection connected to VDX. I have posted a question earlier on the forum but no one replied ...

Well, I want ask another question as I am new to Brocade ... We have 2 VDX - 6720-24 in VCS and the current version is 2.0.1a.

I want to know what is the latest NOS release for VDX 6720?

Can I upgrade directly from 2.0.1a to the latest release?

Is there any known issue on NOS 2.0.1a?

Problem is the server connected on the both the VDX's  with 10G ports and server also have Brocade 1860 card installed and are trunk.

This has been observed that in different time that the port stop tagging vlan's over the link and the interface stays up. if we shut down the port either from server to VDX the traffic shift to other second VDX, and everything works fine. But it need a manual intervention to shutdown the port either from the server or from the VDX.

Can you please reply ASAP.... bit in a problem....

Regards

Frequent Contributor
Grace.Chang

Re: Brocade VDX 6720-24 NOS 2.0.1a

Hi Faisal,

I've moved your discussion thread to the Ethernet Fabric Forum, which would be the most suitable place for this question.

Thank you for using Brocade Communities!

Cheers,

Grace Chang

Global Community Manager

Contributor
danderson

Re: Brocade VDX 6720-24 NOS 2.0.1a

Looks like the latest is 3.0.1.  The Network OS Administrator's Guide 3.0.1 indicates that you should do a two part upgrade.  The first step is to get you from 2.0 to 2.1 then you can get up to 3.0.1.

An alternate solution would be to set your NIC teaming on the server to Active/Passive and then remove the Port-Channel on the network switch.  This would allow the server to use one NIC at a time (but you do have 10Gb of throughput).  Not a great solution, but it might get you through the temporary problem.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.