EMEA Innovation Centre

Chiara.Capacchione

Scope, depth, capability, technology and vision…

by Chiara.Capacchione on ‎10-11-2013 08:30 AM (848 Views)

That’s how one attendee ‘Rod Hirsch,Twogether’ described the latest ‘On Demand Data Centre’ workshop hosted by the EIC.

ODDC WORKSHOP CHIARA BLOG OCTOBER 2013.jpg

Wow! What a week we had in the EIC, there was an amazing buzz around the place as we welcomed customers and partners from around EMEA to join us for the ‘On-Demand Data Centre’ workshop on Tuesday 1st, which walked the attendees through the

‘Brocade Data Centre Architecture of the Future’, layer by layer. 

What they didn’t know about this environment at the start of the day, they definitely took away with them at the end of it.

Hey - don’t just take my word for it, read what our attendees had to say:

A wider range of scope than I expected’ (Andrew Forster, Unilever)

‘This brought me up to speed with some of the in-depth technology’ (Graham Dayer, Pervasive Networks)

‘A wonderful experience, great network innovations’ (Dippy Dinesh, Immedia PLC)

And that’s not all, Terry Campbell of Vertex Pharmaceuticals was chuffed to pieces when he won the Prize Draw for a Year’s Subscription to Netflix – congratulations again!

High Five

A great day was had by all but it didn’t stop there.  The following day, our Turkish attendees attended a bespoke tailor-made briefing covering our VCS, Campus and BNA offerings giving our two speakers (both Steve’s) ‘5’s all round

And, it wasn’t all work, as they headed to Windsor Castle to see the Queen!

Turkish Briefing October Steve Manzanero Blog 2013.jpg

A trending request from the attendees was for us to host an SDN workshop at the EIC – fancy coming along?  Drop me a line if interested...

One last thing – here’s a link to a great infographic showing the road to the On-Demand Data Centre

http://www.emeainnovationcentre.com/resources.html

Is this how you see the future? Add your comment below – we’d all love to hear your opinion.

Comments
by twogether on ‎10-14-2013 03:59 AM

It was a great session – very informative, and pitched at just the right level for a mixed-ability audience, so that we gained a good understanding of the context, as well as of the technology.

Talking to other attendees during the (delicious) buffet-lunch break, it was apparent that presenters and content were very well received.

And although you can't see my face, my shiny bald patch (first picture, centre left) is positively glowing with the effort of concentration.

Thanks to the whole team on the day.

by Chiara.Capacchione on ‎10-15-2013 01:57 AM

Hi Rod, many thanks for your nice comments and glad you enjoyed the day.

You may be interested to know that we have a follow up ADX session (deep dive) on the morning of the 21st November in the EIC which includes a demo and is part of the application layer in the ODDC Architecture.

In the afternoon, we then have a UC Lync workshop taking place with speakers from Microsoft, a Customer Case Study and Brocade Corp as well as a demo.  You can find out more and register on the EIC microsite

Hope to see you there and next time, I will make sure we photograph your face