Data Center

VMworld 2011-It's Your Cloud with Brocade Networks

by eyosef on ‎08-29-2011 03:33 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2013 08:53 PM by bcm1 (465 Views)

13.png

I started to manage the VMware alliance as part of the Brocade Alliances team in December of 2010. VMware importance as the virtualization and cloud market leader was clear from day one, but my first reality check was at the VMware Partner Exchange event. There I met hundreds of VMware distributors and VAR’s, most of them knew our brand and products, mostly from the Data Center side, and were keen to hear more joint solutions from Brocade and VMware, they really wanted an alternative to VCE and Cisco.

So our first target as an alliance team was to build new solutions that will help those customers and partners in their journey to the cloud.

The good news is that in the last 6 months we managed to test and validate two solutions in partnership with our friends at VMware. These are Business Continuity with EMC, and end user computing solutions using Ethernet Fabrics.

To cap these joint achievements in such a short time, we were invited to be a Platinum sponsor at VMworld  2011. A reason for the invitation is the compelling story we can tell together as underlined by the announcements in the three speaking sessions we have at the show.

This is further emphasized last week when we heard announced that  Paul Maritz, VMware CEO will be a guest speaker atJohn McHugh’s  Brocade CEO Super Session: Virtualization has changed (almost) Everything: A Reality Check for the Networking Industry. In two other sessions, Jason Nolet VP, Data Center and Enterprise Networking will speak aboutEnabling Business Continuity with Metro vMotion using Cloud-Optimized Network and Storage Infrastructure and Doug Ingraham ,VP, Data Center Products,  will introduce New Innovations in Ethernet Fabrics are Revolutionizing Virtualized Data Centers.

Last Tuesday I went to VMware HQ and with the help of our PR team recorded a new video with Parag Patel, VMware VP of Strategic Alliances, where Parag welcomes VMworld participations and highlights the importance of the VMware Brocade relationship and our joint solutions, click here to watch.

Our CMO John McHugh complements our VMworld video series highlighting three new capabilities from Brocade to help customer deal with challenges in their journey to the Cloud”, click here to watch

So why is it worth to stop by at Brocade booth this year?

As I mentioned earlier, In 2011, Brocade and VMware tested and validated our first two solutions on VDI and business Continuity with EMC, these and other solutions will be presented at Brocade booth as follows:

         Brocade Virtual Compute Blocks (VCB)

         Business Continuity solutions with VMware and EMC

         Ethernet Fabric (VDX)

         Fujitsu Dynamic Cloud Solution (VCB)

Channel Pod

We are working with our PR team on a series of press releases and major announcements and launches, I can’t talk about it right now, but make sure you stay tuned  on this blog and we’ll provide updates later this week.

Brocade quotes will be also featured in few VMware Press Releases highlighting products integrations and long term development commitment.

Other PR activities include:

         Brocade 30-minute live press conference on 8/30 with Jason Nolet and Doug Ingraham

         Viral marketing tie-ins:

•      Video capture for YouTube

•      Live Facebook updates

•      Twitter feed and blogs from the show    

Brocade also has joint messaging and activities with the following Partner Booths at the show: VMware, IBM, EMC, NetApp, Hitachi (HDS) and Fujitsu

So make sure to come and visit me at Brocade booth at VMworld  2011, participate in short,  entertaining and informative presentations in our booth and stay tuned for our next week update from the show floor.

14.jpg