Certification

Occasional Contributor

What is new in brocade CAF 2013 certification compared to CAF 2010

Hello 

What is  new in  brocade CAF 2013  certification  compared to CAF 2010. Unfortunately  the study  guide is dated   09.2010

What new topics are expected  on  exam ?

Thank you 

Re: What is new in brocade CAF 2013 certification compared to CAF 2010

Hi there, it looks like you may have an outdated study guide. I checked the brocade.com/certification website and looked at the BCAF page and was able to download the 2013 study guide from the page. Here is the link, I hope this helps!

http://www.brocade.com/content/brocade/en/backend-content/pdf-page.html?/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/education-study-tools/brocade-bcaf-nutshell-certification-study-tools.pdf

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paul

Thank you for the link provided.  I was talking not about just study guide but about the WBT availble at brocade Training portal for partners. That WBT is dated  09.2010. which  does not have info about current mainframe models

Highlighted

Hi jakavuk, there is apparently a fairly substantial difference between the two exams. The latest study guide for 2013 is available here: http://www.brocade.com/content/brocade/en/backend-content/pdf-page.html?/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/education-study-tools/brocade-bcaf-nutshell-certification-study-tools.pdf

The 2013 exam includes a great amount of material on extension, and the 2010 exam did not. Also, the 2013 exam had no McDATA material while the 2010 exam did.

It is likely that the certification team will wait until Fabric OS v8.0 and the Gen6 hardware platforms come out to release a new exam.
Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.