Certification

New Contributor

Seeking documentation listed in Nutshell guide

Hi all,

I've just started the journey towards my BCFA/P.  I've downloaded the BCFP in a Nutshell Guide, and looking at exam study resources listed there.  It's taken me days, but I've tracked most everything down, but two items I simply can't find, not on their own, not as part of any other reference.  They're the Zoning User Manual, document #53-1000679-02, and the DCX Backbone Hardware Reference Manual (53-1000858-01).  I am not finding them ANYWHERE.  Any help/advice?  Thanks in advance.

External Moderator

Re: Seeking documentation listed in Nutshell guide

Pleeb,

Zoning Manual -03 and Hardware Reference Manual -02, both as Attach here.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.

If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.
Thanks!

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Fantastic, thanks for the attachments!

While I hugely appreciate being handed the manuals, can you tell me where these were posted, or if they were even available from the documentation repositories available when I log in.  This has definitely been one answer to my question.  I feel it'll be completely answered by getting some advice on tracking down documentation for future needs.

Here's  what I did previously, which enabled me to find pretty much everything I needed except these two documents.

Technical documentation at http://my.brocade.com/wps/myportal/documentation

product manuals at http://wwwprod.brocadeconnect.com/brocdoc/viewSummary.jsp?cat_id=2600002&bcflag=manual; and working my way through the list of product links.

I also tried searching the Brocade site for the document numbers or title names.  These came up with zero results.

I even tried Google. Nothing.

Thanks again for your help.

External Moderator

pleeb,

--->>>...can you tell me where these were posted,....

858 is available here for download

documentation -> Product Manuals -> Documentation -> Hardware Reference Manuals -> Brocade 5300

679 is not for download available here, this other one I had in my documentation.

Here are more valuable DOC for Download, and some Course are for Free.

http://learning.brocade.com/

If you need other Manuals please let me know.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks.  I've been perusing the online courses and have already taken a couple of WBTs and a VCT.  Great stuff, great resources.

This question may not be answerable, but any idea as to why the 679 doc isn't available for download?  I would hope, seeing as it's referenced by the Nutshell guide, that it would be available along with all the other resources.  I can't be the only BCFP hopeful that's had this issue.

At any rate, you've been really helpful and I much appreciate your prompt responses and the manuals.

External Moderator

Pleeb,

679 is a Guide Part of old EFCM Manuals Bundle.

TechHelp24
Super Contributor

Where are you seeing references to the Zoning manual? That is not on the list of study resources on the two exam pages or in the Certification News. Also, the BCFP in a Nutshell is for the 143-060 exam, not the 142-070 BCFP 2010 beta exam. We do not publish nutshell guides until an exam goes live. There is not enough time, nor is it worth the effort to build a comprehensive guide for a beta exam that lasts no more than 30 days usually. If you ever have questions feel free to email me directly at jcannata@brocade.com. Good luck to all who are taking the beta exams.

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification
New Contributor

Did brocade release BCNP Nutshell ?

Super Contributor

The BCNP in Nutshell guide will be available later in the week of 2/1. Look for it at the bottom of the certification page, and I will psot an announcement here as well.

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.