Certification

New Contributor

Recommended certification for entering storage networking field...

Hello,

I've spent the last 10 years working with Cisco routers/switches and IP-based networks. I'm looking to change gears now and giving serious thought to moving into the storage network area.

Is there a "beginning" certification I should try to achieve that would help my chances as I apply with companies in the storage network field? Any suggestions are welcome. Also, any advice on breaking into this field (for someone with my background) are welcome.

Thanks,

Andy

Occasional Visitor

Re: Recommended certification for entering storage networking field...

Hi Andy

The best place to see what you would like to achive is the below 2 links

Certification and Accreditation Programs

Curriculum Paths

Regards

Craig Lockhart

Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy

Recommendation is Brocade Certified Fabric Administrator (BCFA).  This is our entry level certification on the SAN side.  I recommend taking the free FC 101-WBT training before joining a CFA 200 class.

Use this link to find the track you need.

Brocade University Curriculum Paths

Also you will need the BCFP nutshell guide.

Good luck.

Graham

New Contributor

Thanks for the info Craig. I was looking more for a basic certification, and not something too vendor specific. I did come across the Comptia Storage+ Powered by SNIA (SG0-0001) exam that looked promising. You ever heard of it? I like that it is NOT vendor specific. It seems to give you an overall education on the storage networking environment.

Andy

New Contributor

Thanks Graham. I just started reviewing that last night. It has some good, introductory info that will be useful.

Andy

Occasional Contributor

Andy

I made an error in my original post.  I should have said BCFA Nutshell guide, not BCFP.

Graham

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.