Certification

Occasional Contributor

BDA (Brocade Distinguished Architect) Certification

I have two questions in regards to the BDA cert.

1. What recognition does this cert offers?

2. What do you recieve after getting this cert?

Super Contributor

Re: BDA (Brocade Distinguished Architect) Certification

The BDA represents that you have detailed mastery of many skills, from FICON, to SAN to IP. AFter getting this level of achievement, you wil receive a special logo, a certificate, and a to be determined gift. We are looking at having a special area on our website where we would post the name of those who wish to be listed. For any other questinos feel free to contact me directly at jcannata@brocade.com.

Joe Cannata

Brocade Certfiication Manager

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification
N/A

Hi Joseph,

Could you please tell us where can we find the path to complete all certification of BDA? Which exam is requisite to pass?

Thanks!

Super Contributor

On the Certification page on Brocade.com you will find a link called Program Overview. This document is there: http://www.brocade.com/certification_central and between the document and the pyramid graphic, you will have all of the information you need.

Joe

Joe Cannata
New Contributor

Hi, Joe

Will BDA ever practice exam like CCIE?

Super Contributor

BDA is unlike CCIE. It is an earned credential as a  result of achieving multiple tracks. There is no exam associated with it.

Joe Cannata
New Contributor

Yes, i know abot BDA exam trak. Do you have in your roadmap real lab exam for DBA? i mean will you make real lab (configuration, troublethooting) for DBA?

Contributor

No they won't, to blend 3 specialties in one lab exam would be pretty hard.

Occasional Contributor

Looking at the BDA requirements in the certification matrix, I see that with my passing of the BCVRE exam today coupled with the BCEFP that I passed a few months ago, I have completed the Advanced level requirements for the Converged track.  However, with everything list below it in the Intermediate and Introductory levels, I've only completed the BCNE and the BAIC.

Do I need to complete the Intermediate and Introductory levels to successfully fulfil the Converged track requirements towards BDA, or does the fact that I've completed the Advanced level requirements mean that I've also automatically completed the Converged track?

I've got people here telling me different things, but I don't think either of them actually know what they're talking about.

Hello Mark, all levels must be completed in order to complete a track. There are certain topics covered in the intermediate portions that are not covered in advanced, and certain topics covered in the introductory that aren't covered in the other two. I hope that helps!

Paul Z

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.